Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The 480th Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Wing (480th ISR Wing) is headquartered at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia. The wing traces its history back to 1943 when it was formed as the 480th Antisubmarine Group. In 1951, it became the 480th Special Operations Wing, and it deactivated in 1953. The wing was officially redesignated the 480th Intelligence Wing and reactivated Dec. 1, 2003. It was organized under Eighth Air Force, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana and Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Virginia.