Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. The 855th Bombardment Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was with the 491st Bombardment Group, based at McChord Field, Washington. It was inactivated on 8 September 1945. Established in 1920 as the 112th Observation Squadron, Ohio National Guard. After the Pearl Harbor Attack, unit was federalized and moved to Dover Field, Delaware in February 1942 found this unit flying Antisubmarine patrols with 0-47s. In the months that followed, the Squadron moved down the Atlantic seaboard and was based at Lantana Airport, Florida, when its designation was changed to the 522nd Bombardment Squadron (H). New equipment in the form of B-24 Liberators was supposed to be forthcoming to justify the (H), but in the meantime the old 0-47s flew on. In January of 1943 the Squadron moved to Boca Chica, Florida where it acquired some B-18s and a few B-34â€™s. Another redesignation (17th Antisubmarine Sq.), a new station (Batista Field, Cuba) and a few new aircraft (B-25s) followed until finally, on 12 August 1943, the unit was ordered to Langley Field, Virginia, for training with B-24s.