- Copertina flessibile: 217 pagine
- Editore: Springer-Verlag; 1 edizione (4 luglio 2007)
- Lingua: Inglese
- ISBN-10: 0387708545
- ISBN-13: 978-0387708546
- Peso di spedizione: 426 g
Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon:
- n.467 in Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psichiatria
- n.700 in Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psicologia clinica
- n.770 in Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psicoterapia
- Visualizza indice completo
Functional Analytic Psychotherapy: Creating Intense and Curative Therapeutic Relationships (Inglese) Copertina flessibile – 4 lug 2007
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
From the reviews:
"This book describes how radical behaviorism can be used to create therapeutic relationships in order for meaningful change to occur. … The audience includes therapists ‘interested in revitalizing practice, minimizing impasses, and treating clients on a deeper emotional level.’ … graduate students will also find this book valuable. … is excellent in the way it combines two theories and shows specifically how to apply them in clinical work. … it is full of valuable information." (Gary B. Kaniuk, Doody’s Review Service, September, 2008)
Dalla quarta di copertina
As cognitive behavior therapy becomes increasingly integrated, Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP) remains a rich therapeutic method. FAP synthesizes aspects of psychodynamic and object relations therapy with traditional CBT methods, and author/ practitioners Robert Kohlenberg and Mavis Tsai originally created this book to be more than a simple how-to manual. Rather it is a powerful framework for clinicians seeking to rethink their approach to the therapeutic relationship. Now in paperback, this classic work is more relevant than ever.
The book begins with the theory behind the therapy (including its roots in B. F. Skinner’s behavior-analytic work in the 1970s), explaining why clients’ unique needs may extend beyond well-mapped routes to change. From there, the authors present the clinical principles of FAP and their uses in treating diffuse, resistant problems. Case illustrations model the therapeutic dyad, show FAP techniques in action, and offer crucial caveats.
- The ground rules: how, and why, FAP works.
- Recognizing clinically relevant verbal behaviors.
- The role of the self in personality disorders.
- New roles for cognitions and beliefs in therapy.
- Memories and emotions: what they can and can’t do to promote change.
- How FAP fills the niche between psychodynamic and behavioral therapy.
- Key issues in ethics, research, and supervision.
For the clinical psychologist interested in revitalizing practice, minimizing impasses, and treating clients on a deeper emotional level, Functional Analytic Psychotherapy brings fresh insights to the many worlds within and outside the clinical setting. Graduate students, especially, will find this text a valuable window onto traditional behavioral approaches to therapy.Visualizza tutta la Descrizione prodotto
Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci l'indirizzo e-mail o il numero di cellulare.
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com (beta)
The authors show how these principles can be used and draw on illustrative case examples from their own work and use mainstream behavioural literature to back up their points to convincing effect.
While there is nothing ground breaking or new in the methods that they advocate, what is new is the rationale and reasons they give for working in this way. They also eloquently highlight the distinct advantages of a behaviour analytic approach and how this can be used to better understand and respond to clients within session behaviours as well as their own behaviours as therapists.
The book also provides excellent chapters on Psychoanalysis from a behaviour analytic point of view as well as tackling the often tricky (from a behaviourists point of view) subjects of the self, personality disorder and cognition and emotions.
This is a great book that will not only be valuable to anyone aiming to expand their knowledge of applied radical behaviourist theory, but it is also a must read for psychologists and therapists of all orientations who are looking to expand and develop their own professional practice. It has certainly expanded mine!
Ricerca articoli simili per categoria
- Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psichiatria
- Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psicologia clinica
- Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psicoterapia
- Libri in altre lingue > Società e scienze sociali > Psicologia