- Copertina flessibile: 128 pagine
- Editore: Springer-Verlag; 2011. edizione (14 marzo 2011)
- Lingua: Inglese
- ISBN-10: 1441982124
- ISBN-13: 978-1441982124
- Peso di spedizione: 272 g
Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon:
- n.975 in Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Clinica e medicina interna > Pediatria
- n.1665 in Libri in altre lingue > Società e scienze sociali > Assistenza e servizi sociali
- n.2447 in Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psicologia clinica
- Visualizza indice completo
Nonverbal Learning Disabilities in Children: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice (Inglese) Copertina flessibile – 12 mag 2011
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
From the reviews:
"All in all, Nonverbal Learning Disabilities in Children: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice provides the reader with an acceptable overview of the current status of NVLD. Unlike most of the other recent books on the market, which are primarily written for parents (e.g., Burger, 2004; Mamen, 2007; Martin, 2007; Rubinstein, 2005; Tanguay, 2001, 2002; Whitney, 2008) or teens (Murphy, 2008), Davis and Broitman’s work is primarily designed for the professional."
- Linda C. Caterino, PsycCRITIQUES, November 2, 2011, Vol. 56, Release 44, Article 7
“The book is meant as an overview of nonverbal learning disabilities for school-based practitioners such as school psychologists, school counselors, school nurses, special education teachers, speech and language pathologists, and occupational therapists, as well as community-based mental health professionals. It is a short book, just over 100 pages, but it does present such topics as history and current status of the disorder, etiology, prevalence, associated conditions, and treatment. … Davis and Broitman’s work is primarily designed for the professional.” (Linda C. Caterino, PsycCRITIQUES, Vol. 56 (44), November, 2011)
Dalla quarta di copertina
Although it has yet to be recognized by the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM), nonverbal learning disabilities (NVLD) in children are a growing concern. NVLD are receiving increased attention from researchers as well as from clinicians encountering these conditions in their young clients. At the same time, reliable information on effective interventions for NVLD has lagged behind this interest.
Nonverbal Learning Disabilities in Children: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice offers a well-rounded understanding of NVLD, placing it within the context of other developmental disorders, most notably high-functioning autism and Asperger’s syndrome. The most current genetic, environmental, and neurobiological theories of and research into the causes of NVLD (e.g., the “white matter model”), in-depth diagnostic methods, and quality interventions are examined. Using an evidence-based approach, this groundbreaking volume:
- Conceptualizes NVLD as a disorder with subtypes.
- Differentiates between diagnostic criteria for NVLD and Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Analyzes the co-occurrence of NVLD with other developmental disabilities and psychological disorders.
- Provides a comprehensive psychoeducational assessment model.
- Describes efficacious treatments and supports their empirical validation.
- Offers guidelines for sustaining treatment gains through effective collaboration of school personnel and family members.
Nonverbal Learning Disabilities in Children is a must-have reference for researchers, practitioners, and graduate students in school and clinical child psychology, education, speech-language therapy, and other disciplines and professions involved in identifying and treating children with NVLD.
Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci l'indirizzo e-mail o il numero di cellulare.
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com (beta)
It has been both my direct experience with Davis and Broitman and the knowledge gained from this book that's made it crystal clear how under-diagnosed, under-treated, and misunderstood these kids tend to be. Their book finally corrects this problem. Of greatest interest to me is their recommendation that, of all the learning disabilities, NLD really HAS to be treated by a team, that it's a collaborative enterprise involving people with different skill-sets. Putting them together is the problem. This book is the solution.
It is easy and read and has a common sense flavor.
Ricerca articoli simili per categoria
- Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Altre branche della medicina > Psicologia clinica
- Libri in altre lingue > Scienze, tecnologia e medicina > Medicina > Clinica e medicina interna > Pediatria
- Libri in altre lingue > Società e scienze sociali > Assistenza e servizi sociali
- Libri in altre lingue > Società e scienze sociali > Educazione
- Libri in altre lingue > Società e scienze sociali > Psicologia