Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. RAF Defford was a Royal Air Force station (airfield) in Worcestershire, England during the Second World War. Construction of RAF Defford was completed in 1941, and for a few months the airfield was used as a satellite station by the Wellington bombers of 23 Operational Training Unit (OTU), based a few miles away at Pershore. In may 1942, the Telecommunications Research Establishment (TRE), responsible for radar research and development, and located near Swanage, moved to Malvern College. At the same time the Telecommunications Flying Unit (TFU), later named the Radar Research Flying Unit (RRFU), which operated flight trials on behalf of the TRE, transferred its aircraft to Defford. So hurried was the move to Defford that many of the personnel had to be accommodated in tents at first. However, at Defford the tempo of work carried out by TFU increased month by month, and by 1945 there were approximately 2500 personnel and 100 aircraft on the station.