Read the Book My Ex-Cult Doesn't Want You to Read!
Karen Jonson woke up on July 25th 2013 to find that her blog about her ex-cult had been cyber-attacked with the same force used by cyber-criminals to bring down WikiLeaks.com. One month before that YouTube had removed her book trailer video after receiving a complaint from a mysterious person. A few months later her ex-cult requested that Amazon remove her book — the online merchant declined.
What secrets is this cult hiding? What don’t they want you to know? Could it be one guru’s “secret sex factory” involving consenting adults and child rapes? Could it be the conviction and escape of the other child-molesting guru? Could it be the billion-dollar network of India-based trusts — created with donation scams? Or the mysterious deaths and disappearances? In fact, there are many secrets Karen’s ex-gurus want to keep hidden — just as they had for 60 years.
Now, in "Sex, Lies, and Two Hindu Gurus," Karen exposes the dark and twisted secrets of her two former “gurus.” This riveting book is at once a true crime drama, a memoir, and a cautionary tale — warning others to look before they leap into the abusive world of corrupt spiritual leaders.
10 Reasons To Read "Sex, Lies, and Two Hindu Gurus"
1. See inside the unnatural world of a cult, including how it operates far outside of the values and mores of traditional society.
2. Follow the journey of a sincere spiritual seeker as she takes a very wrong turn down a road that leads into the clutches of a dangerous cult.
3. Learn how easy it is for people to pose as God and convince others to perform acts they would never have participated in under normal circumstance.
4. Learn how cults work, including their “tricks of the trade” to understand what can happen when a sociopath has full control over a large group of people.
5. See how a sociopath operates. While few people will come face to face with a sociopath as despicable as the two gurus in this book, everyone should be aware of the propensity for 4% of the population to perform evil acts to such a degree.
6. Gain important knowledge to stay cult-proof. Learn important tips on how to discern the real from the unreal when it comes to men and women claiming to be “gurus,” to protect yourself, your friends, your family, and your children.
7. See inside the criminal trial of a man whose power, influence, and wealth nearly let him get away with his crimes of abusing children. While he escaped justice, he completely lost his life as a free man.
8. Learn by example how to appropriately question people in positions of authority, so that you are never emotionally, psychologically, or physically abused by them.
9. Read the harrowing story of someone who actually stood up to evil people. As media reports indicate, far too few people speak out when faced with the reality of a child molester or other criminals in their midst.
10. Gain strength by the author’s personal David and Goliath experience, as she worked tirelessly to expose a dangerous cult for all the world to see.
“This book exposes a world that few have ever seen and that many deny even exists.” — Sheridan Burman
“All I can say is wow … and amazing.” — Suren Pandya
“This perfectly captures the twisted, insular, and secretive world in which we all lived.” — Kate Tonnessen
“It is a great expose of these two ‘holy crooks.’” — Rahul B.
“It’s so much more than just a story of gurus.” — Jai Hari
“I like your honesty and truthfulness.” — Sandeep S.