- Copertina flessibile: 111 pagine
- Editore: Wharton Digital Press; Expanded edizione (20 settembre 2011)
- Lingua: Inglese
- ISBN-10: 1613630050
- ISBN-13: 978-1613630051
- Peso di spedizione: 231 g
- Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon:
The Leader's Checklist: 15 Mission-Critical Principles: Volume 1 (Inglese) Copertina flessibile – 20 set 2011
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci l'indirizzo e-mail o il numero di cellulare.
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com (beta)
The "Expanded Edition" of this quite slender volume includes a few reprinted interviews of the author with individuals he believes(?) demonstrate his principles(?).
Don't waste your money, read a few leadership articles off the internet and you'll have gained an equal amount of insight for free.
- The checkist itself seems very valuable and authorative
- The book was written in a way that makes that value inaccessible and hard to get at
- The core content is wrapped in complex tangental anecdotes
- For a short book that espouses brevity, it is neither focused, simple or elegant
1) The author offers a concise, considered and valuable list of 15 leadership principles,
2) This is followed by very general, hard to action advice, about how to customise and test these same principles for your unique situation
3) Six learning avenues are recommended to activate these principles, offered again with very general guidance only. Some of these are situational and beyond the direct control of the reader.
4) Each principle is explained using a few sentences in all - stating only the obvious. I would have enjoyed each principle to be discussed in more depth and brought to life, with insights, distinctions and examples - so that I could distill that deeper understanding into brevity - a set of understandings and mental models that get reduced into a few words. Instead, I'm only offered those few words.
6) The expanded edition has some interesting interviews that were worth reading yet more like general leadership bonus content. While they broach moments of leadership, they seem only loosely and vaguely related to the 15 principles themselves.
- I'm not sure I would have grasped the value of this book had I not read "The Checkilst Manifesto" first.
- If you want a checklist of principles to stay consistent as a leader, you'll find a great checklist in this book.
- You'll be offered an approach to customise these to your situation and activate these principles that are discussed so generally, you'll need other resources, skills and insight to make them actionable.