Read this eBook on any device including your Kindle, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, or BlackBerry with free Kindle Reading Apps available on Amazon.
This guide covers the various settings, functions and controls of the 60D, plus explains when and why to use them. It describes every Menu item and Custom Function option for still photography and movie shooting - with recommended settings.
Your World 60D is for intermediate and first time dSLR users who wish to get more out of their camera and to go beyond Auto and Program modes and shoot in Av and Tv modes. It covers basic camera functions and exposure concepts and explains more advanced camera controls and operation including using the various metering modes for obtaining correct exposures, controlling autofocus modes and focus points for sharp focus of still or moving subjects, and utilizing dramatic depth of field for professional looking photographs. This book focuses on still-photography with an introduction to video settings. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your EOS 60D: All of the Menu, Movie Menu, and Custom Function settings, with descriptions and recommended settings.
- Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority Modes: How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field or to freeze or express motion.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes: How they differ, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of still and moving subjects. Plus using focus lock and back-button focusing.
- Exposure Metering Modes: How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in most every situation. Plus using exposure lock.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance: Understanding and using these features for the proper exposure in all lighting situations.
- Composition: Brief tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- The Image Taking Process: A step-by-step tutorial for using these settings and controls to take photos.
- Photo Accessories: Useful accessories and recommended photography books.
- Lenses: Explanation of Canon lenses and choosing your next lens.
- Introduction to Video: Settings to get you started.