"1000 Real Answers - English Phrasebook & Self-Study Guide" is a learning tool and reference guide for INTERMEDIATE and UPPER INTERMEDIATE students of English who are interested in building up a "database" of real native-speaker responses to the kinds of questions they will encounter not only in the classroom and in examinations but also on their travels, in the world of work and in a wide range of other situations. Teachers will find that the materials and activities provided can also be easily integrated into both grammar-focused and communicative classroom teaching modules.
The first part of the book consists of:
- 115 of the commonest everyday English questions;
- over 1000 possible answers to these questions;
- tips on how to learn;
- a range of language items from simple one-word responses to longer, more complex or humorous answers;
- sections (ABOUT YOU, HABITS, PAST ACTIVITIES, FUTURE ACTIVITIES, HYPOTHETICALS, OPINIONS, DESCRIBING) specifically designed for students preparing for English oral exams;
- sections (HERE & NOW, OUT & ABOUT, EATING OUT) specifically designed for travellers;
- section specifically designed for those preparing for a job interview in English.
- self-study exercises to practise formation of questions;
- self-study vocabulary exercises;
- self-study exercises for remembering idiomatic expressions;
- self-study exercises in the use of verb forms and prepositions;
- situational language exercises;
- speaking activities for the classroom or for students working with a study-partner.
In the second part of the book, answers are provided for the self-study exercises in Part One.