A Digital Citizenship Book which Students would Love to Read!
Digital Citizenship & internet Maturity has emerged as one of the most important Life Skills of the 21st century. But students hate to learn when lessons look boring. “Become an iMature Student” uses an innovative story and dialogue
method to teach Digital Citizenship concepts to students and make them mature digital citizens. This book is truly fun to read! DetailsiMature
means ‘Internet Mature’
– a person who is mature user of Internet (mature Digital Citizen). An iMature person knows how to make the best use of Internet in personal & professional life. He or she also knows how to avoid all the negative effects of Internet. In 21st century, we can say that 'iMature'
is the opposite of 'immature'
. Who should read this book?
Why you should read this book?
- School students (above 13 years of age)
- College students
- Teachers & Parents
- It gives you the ‘License’ to use Internet
If a teenager knows how to drive a bike/car, it does not mean he or she is mature enough to drive on the main roads. Similarly, if a person knows how to operate a computer, does not mean he or she is mature enough to use Internet actively. Becoming iMature makes you street-smart and world-wise by 21st century standards.
- It is your guide to take the maximum benefit of Internet in education
Internet is the biggest source of knowledge and learning-tools. But majority of people are unaware about their existence. This book will not only make you aware about those resources, it will also tell you the best way to utilize them.
- It helps to make your education “complete” by 21st century standards
‘Media Literacy’ has emerged as a critical part of education in 21st century. It includes skills for creating, combining and sharing digital content for various purposes. It also includes skills for finding out relevant & trustworthy knowledge resources from the ocean of information called the Internet. This book ensures that you develop the necessary ‘Media Literacy’ skills in an enjoyable manner.
- It is an eye-opener on online safety-risks, legal problems, reputation issues, and addiction problems.
This is another aspect of Internet, about which people are ignorant. This book will tell you about such risks and how you can avoid them.
- It helps to create a strong foundation for your 21st century career
Internet is a critical part of professional life in the 21st century. All the points mentioned above are important for becoming a mature professional. You know... ‘Survival of the FITTEST’.
- Finally, you must read it because... it is FUN to read!