Con la fotocamera del cellulare scansiona il codice di seguito e scarica l'app Kindle.
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis with an Introduction to Crime Scene Reconstruction Copertina rigida – 8 aprile 2008
- Scegli tra gli oltre 8.500 punti di ritiro in Italia
- Spedizione GRATUITA senza alcun importo minimo. I clienti Prime beneficiano di consegne illimitate presso i punti di ritiro senza costi aggiuntivi
- Trova il tuo punto di ritiro preferito ed aggiungilo alla tua rubrica degli indirizzi
- Indica il punto di ritiro in cui vuoi ricevere il tuo ordine nella pagina di conferma d’ordine
Migliora il tuo acquisto
Objective establishment of the truth is the goal of any good crime scene investigator. This demands a consideration of all evidence available using proven scientific methodologies to establish objective snapshots of the crime. The majority of forensic disciplines shed light on the “who” of a crime, bloodstain pattern analysis is one of the most important disciplines to address “what” happened. Understanding the discipline, its underlying scientific basis, and how best to apply this knowledge is crucial in the investigator’s quest for the truth.
Internationally known experts in crime scene analysis, Tom Bevel and Ross M. Gardner explore bloodstain pattern analysis in depth, explaining what it is, how it is used, and the practical methodologies employed to achieve defensible results.
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis with an Introduction to Crime Scene Reconstruction, Third Edition:
- Presents a specific and detailed taxonomy of bloodstain pattern characteristics
- Offers a full-color fold-out Decision Map to guide analysts through the classification process
- Uses full-color photos and diagrams to illustrate concepts
- Describes the theory, principles, and methodology for crime scene reconstruction
- Details proven, applicable scientific methodologies
- Emphasizes observable and reproducible results to mitigate accusations of subjectivity in evidence and testimony
- Provides more than 60% new or significantly revised information
Offering practical advice and tips for novices and experienced professionals, this book employs clear, lucid, and reasoned scientific arguments to provide the tools to guide and focus any investigative effort.
Captain Tom Bevel is a 27-year veteran of the Oklahoma City Police Department, retiring in 1996 as Commander of the Homicide, Robbery, Missing Persons, and Unsolved Homicide units. He is held in high esteem as a qualified expert in crime scene reconstruction and bloodstain pattern analysis in state, federal, and foreign courts. His knowledge and expertise as a crime scene consultant has been sought after in 45 US states and 11 foreign countries. He owns a forensic education and consulting company in his home state of Oklahoma.
Ross M. Gardner retired as a Command Sergeant Major and Special Agent in 1999 after serving a total of 24 years in US Army law enforcement. Certified by the International Association for Identification as a Senior Crime Analyst for the past 16 years, Gardner is an active instructor and consultant throughout the United States in crime scene analysis, bloodstain pattern analysis, and crime scene investigation.
“… completely revised and enhanced … a practical and concisely written text. … the most complete and comprehensive handbook to date from the perspective of the criminal investigator and forensic scientist on the subject of bloodstain spatter analysis….an eloquent and practical guide…”
―(from the foreword) Vernon J. Geberth, M.S., M.P.S., Author of Practical Homicide Investigation
"Mr. Bevel and Mr. Gardner have expanded on the earlier editions of this book and although bloodstain pattern analysis can be a complicated and highly technical subject, this book, although comprehensive, is written in a manner that is easy to understand."
--Forensic Science, Medicine, and Pathology; Humana Press
"Overall the text is entirely comprehensive and up-to-date in its content; it would be a wise choice for a student of bloodstain pattern analysis."
―Tom Mavin, Sgt., Forensic Identification Branch, Waterloo Regional Police Service, Cambridge, Ontario, writing in Canadian Society of Forensic Science Journal
- Editore : CRC Press; 3° edizione (8 aprile 2008)
- Lingua : Inglese
- Copertina rigida : 438 pagine
- ISBN-10 : 1420052683
- ISBN-13 : 978-1420052688
- Peso articolo : 1.11 kg
- Dimensioni : 18.75 x 2.41 x 25.4 cm
- Recensioni dei clienti: