- Prenotazione al prezzo minimo garantito: ordina subito e se il prezzo applicato su Amazon.it dovesse diminuire prima della data di uscita, di spedizione o di consegna elettronica, pagherai il prezzo più basso. Dettagli (Soggetto a termini e condizioni)
Christopher Kimball's Milk Street: The New Home Cooking (Inglese) Copertina rigida – 12 set 2017
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
- Scegli tra gli oltre 8.500 punti di ritiro in Italia
- I clienti Prime beneficiano di consegne illimitate presso i punti di ritiro senza costi aggiuntivi
- Trova il tuo punto di ritiro preferito ed aggiungilo alla tua rubrica degli indirizzi
- Indica il punto di ritiro in cui vuoi ricevere il tuo ordine nella pagina di conferma d’ordine
Offerte speciali e promozioni
"Bound to cause his fans to rejoice... even though its production values may be in the coffee-table league--a full-color image appears opposite every recipe--this book is designed for hard, occasionally sloppy, countertop duty. Recipes and accompanying photographs are contained on a single two-page spread, meaning that there is no frustrating flipping back and forth... The book fulfills its promise of sourcing the world's cuisines in search of flavor bombs that are made easy to produce in American kitchens."―The Wall Street Journal
"Overall gold... You already know and trust him from his years leading the way on America's Test Kitchen. Now, he's adding a different kind of spice to life... through his recipes and his research, he aims to connect us all."―Tasting Table
"This approachable book compiles an array of global recipes that are bold in flavor, yet simple enough for the home cook. Try the mouth-watering soups, such as Spicy Red Lentil Stew and Spanish Garlic. And be sure to pay attention to the technical tips along the way."―RealSimple
"Geeky gourmands will find Milk Street to be mandatory reading... Cultures collide on plates [and] layered spices unleash flavors just as well as slow cooking unlocks them."―Boston Herald
"All the recipes offer the reliability that Kimball is famous for, and there are lists of pantry staples and cooking tips included with some recipes to help readers get dinner on the table with ease...Egg dishes go from a simple scramble cooked in olive oil to curry braised eggs that promise to reinvent breakfast, and possibly dinner. Vegetable recipes are particularly interesting... [and] Kimball's fans will be pleased with this latest cookbook."―Publishers Weekly
"Fans...will find much to love in Kimball's... approach here, explaining the whys and hows of recipe revisions to consistently produce the best results at home... Overall, with its testing notes, short ingredient lists, and firm directions (each recipe has a "don't" section), this volume is a trustworthy and easy-to-use collection of international flavors from one of the nation's best cooking teachers."―Booklist
"As the leader of an elite squad of talented recipe doctors, Kimball tossed aside inherited cooking truisms in favor of insights... earned through countless hours clocked in the, yep, test kitchen."―Epicurious
a "brand-new title that's going to make you love being in the kitchen."―Library Journal
"Thankfully, really good."―Adam Gopnik, Grub Street
"Features a vibrant global grab bag of flavors and methods, made accessible for the home cook through more than 125 thoughtful recipes."―Boston Magazine
"I love it. And if you're intrigued by international cooking, you will love it too... The recipes are easy and uncomplicated, but they introduce you to a new way of looking at ordinary dishes."―Donna Maurillo, Santa Cruz Sentinel
"Making simple, healthy, and exciting food is more accessible than ever."―Rewire
Descrizione del libro
The new American home cooking: bolder, fresher, easier.Visualizza tutta la Descrizione prodotto
Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci il numero di cellulare.
Garanzia e recesso: Se vuoi restituire un prodotto entro 30 giorni dal ricevimento perché hai cambiato idea, consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sul Diritto di Recesso. Se hai ricevuto un prodotto difettoso o danneggiato consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sulla Garanzia Legale. Per informazioni specifiche sugli acquisti effettuati su Marketplace consulta… Maggiori informazioni la nostra pagina d'aiuto su Resi e rimborsi per articoli Marketplace.
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com
1) Chicken Tagine with Apricots, Butternut Squash, and Spinach – p 184. Very fragrant and flavorful dish. There’s a ton of produce in this one. It calls for 2 cups of butternut squash. Mine was small and produced about 3 cups. I didn’t want the extra cup to go into the refrigerator and be forgotten, so it all went in.
2-3) Spicy Stir Fried Cumin Beef – p 128. Delicious. It’s not as spicy as it looks. The mild spiciness takes a back seat to the cumin, garlic, onions, sesame, soy, rice vinegar, and cilantro. It’s supposed to be served over steamed white rice, but I was in a mashed potato mood. Delicious stuff.
4-5) Curry Braised Eggs – p 28. Yum. We’ve always loved Eggs in Purgatory and Shakshuka. This is another fantastic one.
6) Shrimp in Chipotle Sauce – p 163. Super yummy and easy peasy.
7) Japanese Fried Chicken – p 150 and Sweet-and-Spicy Ginger Green Beans – p 82. We loved this dinner, especially my teenagers. It’s got a lovely crisp, delicate coating. The recipe instructs to fry at 375. I have a deep fryer, and it was browning too quickly at that temp. I lowered it to 350, and it worked perfectly.
8) Turkish Meatballs with Lime-Yogurt Sauce – p 136. It’s ground beef, but my youngest was sure it was lamb because of the spice profile.
9) Caramel Oranges – p 222. This dessert is so bright and fresh, and positively lickable. The recipe makes no mention of the cream or pistachios, but they were in the photo, so I added them in, too.
10) Brown Butter Cardamom Banana Bread – p 203. Great banana bread. The whisper of sugar on top gives it a lovely finish.
11-13) Israeli Hummus with Spiced Beef Topping – p 140 & 140 and Lebenese-Style Tabbouleh – p 57. Darn good tabbouleh and hummus. I’d never seen the spiced meat added on as a topping, and it’s fantastic. I put 2/3 of it underneath, or you wouldn’t see the hummus, and that’s the main player here. I'm crushing a clove or two of garlic into the hummus next time.
Some others I have flagged to try: Baked Persian Herb Omelet – p 27 * Spanish-Style Eggs with Garlicky Crumbs and Chorizo – p 31 *Georgian Chicken Soup – p 45 * Spanish Garlic Soup – p 51 * Kale Salad with Smoked Almonds and Picada Crumbs – p 63 * Skillet-Charred Brussels Sprouts with Garlic, Anchovy, and Chili – p 70 * Sweet Potato Gratin with Vanilla Bean and Bay Leaves – p 78 * Herb and Pistachio Couscous – p 99 * Punjabi Chickpeas with Potato – p 104 * Cuban Style Pork Shoulder with Mojo Sauce – p 156 * Thai Beef Salad – p 160 * Vietnamese Caramel Fish – p 171 * Caramelized Pork with Orange and Sage – p 176 * Potato and Herb Focaccia – p 196 * Tahini Swirl Brownies – p 207 * Rye on Rye Sticky Toffee Pudding – p 237
I’ll update this as I play in the book more.
Kudos to Christopher Kimball and his team for an amazing addition to my library. (I also get the Milk Street magazine). The inclusion of stories and explanations and history is an added bonus. I'm excited to start cooking!
Ricerca articoli simili per categoria