Con la fotocamera del cellulare scansiona il codice di seguito e scarica l'app Kindle.
Claus : Legend of the Fat Man (A Science Fiction Adventure) (Claus Series Book 1) (English Edition) Formato Kindle
The 1st novel in the Claus Universe. The stories you never heard...
In the early 1800s, Nicholas Santa discovered an ancient race of elven.
Short, fat and hairy, they have lived peacefully on the North Pole since the Ice Age but Nicholas is quickly swept into the colony’s first and only fracture. The elven known as the Cold One has divided his people. His name is Jack. And Jack’s tired of hiding. Why should they live in a shrinking ice cap when humans occupy the rest of the world?
It’s just not fair.
There’s no stopping Jack from world domination until Nicholas Santa, the only human to enter the elven colony, joins helium-bladder reindeer, artificially-intelligent snowmen, and a merry band of big-footed elven to bring peace back to the North Pole.
And becomes a legend.
REVIEWS FOR THE CLAUS UNIVERSE
- “Amazing rewrites that will astound you!” –Ruth Jackson, Amazon Reviewer
- “Best Santa Story Ever!” – Bob, Amazon Reviewer
- “Simply lovely.” –jl, Amazon Reviewer
- “MY HEART GREW THREE SIZES…” – Amazon Reviewer
- “Couldn’t Put It Down.” – Amazon Reviewer
- “Fantasy at it’s [sic] finest.” –Carol, Amazon Reviewer
- “Absolutely phenomenal!” –JayFly, Amazon Reviewer
- “A++” –TKJ 131, Amazon Reviewer
- “Absolutely Awesome.” –Dee greusel, Amazon Reviewer
- “I absolutely love this series…” –Kara McCabe, Amazon Reviewer
- “Tony is an excellent story teller!” jjjlake, Amazon Reviewer
- “I want MORE!” –J. Bunch, Amazon Reviewer
- “Awesomely engaging!” –Janice Everett, Amazon Reviewer
- ASIN : B008F0SVTY
- Editore : DeadPixel Publications (28 dicembre 2013)
- Lingua : Inglese
- Dimensioni file : 2047 KB
- Utilizzo simultaneo di dispositivi : illimitato
- Da testo a voce : Abilitato
- Screen Reader : Supportato
- Miglioramenti tipografici : Abilitato
- X-Ray : Abilitato
- Word Wise : Abilitato
- Memo : Su Kindle Scribe
- Lunghezza stampa : 348 pagine
- Numeri di pagina fonte ISBN : 1711699098
- Recensioni dei clienti:
Le recensioni migliori da altri paesi
Although the worldbuilding is the main charm, the writing is competent. There's an attempt at providing distinct characters with strong voices - most obviously successful with the main antagonist, who is pretty funny without losing his menace. In places the writing falls into the telling-not-showing pitfall, with a few too many pauses to deliver information through internal monologues that could have been achieved more skilfully in other ways. I don't remember noticing many spelling or grammar errors, though there are a fair few times when the author uses big font to represent shouting, which felt kind of silly.
Overall, it definitely kept me amused, and it delivered well on the main concept. Even better, no reindeer die.
However, once I started the story I couldn't put it down and much to my surprise and delight, there are two further books in the set.
Jack is a character I'm keen to find out more about but hope the book doesn't show him to be an angst driven elve, rather that he really IS that bad hahahaha.
The mixing of the tales and the weaving of the story is really very clever.
I'd say anyone teen aged and above would enjoy this. Not a heavy book. A very light but enjoyable read.
Characters are well plumped out - you'll understand the in joke when you read the book.
Nicely paced and well thought out.
Looking forward to reading the next two books.