- Audio CD (29 novembre 2005)
- Numero di dischi: 1
- Etichetta: Beggars Banquet
- ASIN: B000CCW13A
- Disponibile anche in: Audio CD | Vinile | Musica MP3
- Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon: n. 103.057 in Musica (Visualizza i Top 100 nella categoria Musica)
Confronta offerte su Amazon
|Prezzo:||EUR 11,32 Spedizione GRATUITA per ordini superiori a EUR 29. Maggiori informazioni|
|Tutti i prezzi includono l'IVA.|
Logistica di Amazon è un servizio offerto ai venditori grazie al quale è possibile stoccare i propri prodotti nei magazzini di Amazon, che si occuperà direttamente dell'imballaggio, spedizione e dei servizi al cliente. Qualcosa di veramente speciale che speriamo ti piaccia: Gli articoli gestiti da Logistica di Amazon beneficiano della Spedizione gratuita per ordini superiori a EUR 29 e Amazon Prime.
Se sei un venditore, puoi incrementare notevolmente le vendite utilizzando Logistica di Amazon. Informazioni su Logistica di Amazon .
- Scegli tra gli oltre 8.500 punti di ritiro in Italia
- I clienti Prime beneficiano di consegne illimitate presso i punti di ritiro senza costi aggiuntivi
- Trova il tuo punto di ritiro preferito ed aggiungilo alla tua rubrica degli indirizzi
- Indica il punto di ritiro in cui vuoi ricevere il tuo ordine nella pagina di conferma d’ordine
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
"Ti preghiamo di riprovare"
Chi ha acquistato questo articolo ha acquistato anche
Garanzia e recesso: Se vuoi restituire un prodotto entro 30 giorni dal ricevimento perché hai cambiato idea, consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sul Diritto di Recesso. Se hai ricevuto un prodotto difettoso o danneggiato consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sulla Garanzia Legale. Per informazioni specifiche sugli acquisti effettuati su Marketplace consulta… Maggiori informazioni la nostra pagina d'aiuto su Resi e rimborsi per articoli Marketplace.
1.It Dawned On Me
3.This Better Go As Planned
6.So Far, So What
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com (beta)
Four albums with four record labels Calla is certainly continuously on the move both contractually and musically. They even replaced a band member on this album. On Collisions Calla did what Low did on their last album; they made everything faster, louder, and more melodic. Calla shed most of their earlier avant garde soundscapws on this album. The songs are rockier and more melodic then anything they have done before. The electronic flourishes have been strongly corralled in and quieted. They just float through a few songs in the background. The base lines are no longer slow and over powering-they have taken on an almost dance quality. The guitar is much cleaner sounding and a have a much larger part through out the songs. Aurelio Valle's lyrics have stayed in familiar territory with the subject matter of each song. The big change is that his crooning and whispering of the lyrics no longer fades in and out of the music; his voice is loud and he even really starts to sing on a couple songs. The drums have more then doubled their earlier tempo. Almost all the songs have a good 90's alternative rock feel to them now. This album was produced and mixed by people who have worked with Nick Cave and PJ Harvey and it really shows on this album. The over all sound is much similar to a lot of Nick Cave while, the bass lines sound a lot some of PJ Harvey songs.
I give it a strong 7 out of 10.
1. It Dawned on Me is rocky like 90's alt. rock.
2. Initiate is one of the songs closest to their earlier sound.
3. This Better Go As Planned is very catchy melodic rock. I love the bass and drum parts.
4. Play Dead is also a nice rock sound.
5. Pulvarized has a dance bass line not as bad as all the gang of four rip off bands through. It also has the strongest electronic sound.
6. So Far, So What is a nice medium tempo rock song.
7. Stumble has the same build up as their older songs but, this doesn't copy over as well with their new sound.
8. Imbusteros is a short soundscape.
9. Testify is one of the most alternative rock sounding songs on this album.
10. Swagger is also very similar to their earlier sound only faster and with more rock. This one mixed their old and new song elements together well.
11. Overshadowed is a slower song that I really enjoyed.
"Collisions" (11 tracks, 41 min.) confirms the trend of more upbeat, rockier tracks found on "Televise" (the sound of "Scavengers" is rarely heard), witness the opener tracks "It Dawned On Me" and "Initiate". That is not at all to say that Calla has gone the way of "poppy rock and roll beats" (as another reviewer puts it), not by a long shot: "Pulvarised", "So Far, So What" and "Stumble" are dim and gloomy, to say the least. The album clips along at a great pace, and before you know it, it's over and you want to play it again.
"Collisions" is a great album (certainly compared to most of the dreadful "mainstream" stuff that's being released these days). That said, it's not as good as "Televise", which is in my book a classic of moody rock. That aside, Calla is terrific in concert and don't miss them if you have a chance to catch them live.
On this first release on the Beggars Banquet label, the seductive vocals of Aurelio Valle, the sonic stylings of Peter Gannon on guitar and diverse, exciting pacing of drummer Wayne Magruder are on full display -- and this is their magnum opus (to date).
If there is any justice in today's music marketplace (and no, there isn't much), "It Dawned On Me" should emerge as a breakthrough single for this band and properly entice listeners to explore other tracks, all of which are strong.
Pay close attention to "Swagger", a dark and brooding jam that takes inspiration from Ennio Morricone and is as lyrically dark as many of the films that the composer scored.
The final track, a mostly-instrumental crescendo of sound called "Overshadowed" feels like a cinematic score in its own right.
Whether you are hardcore indie fan and have heard Calla before, or a casual music-lover who is hearing them for the first time -- pick up the album -- you will not be disappointed.