Exploring Europe by train has never been easier. Designed for independent travellers of all ages, here is the definitive guide for holders of Eurail or InterRail passes and for those with regular train tickets. The guidebook will appeal to travellers keen to explore Europe in an eco-friendly way. This volume describes 50 recommended routes in detail. Those routes together take in most of Europe's travel hot spots - from the Rhine to the Riviera, from the Alps to the Adriatic.
Whether you are planning a longer holiday, or a series of short rail trips around the continent, Europe by Rail is packed with information, including tips on fares and ticketing, hotel recommendations and advice on train connections.
The 14th edition of this highly regarded guide has been completely rewritten to reflect changing travel patterns and provide better coverage of some of the most popular European cities and tourist regions.
- New routes from Paris to the Mediterranean and the Pyrenees
- New routes from Amsterdam to the Alps and Scandinavia
- The Glacier Express route from St Moritz to Zermatt
- The Torre del Oro route from Barcelona to Seville
- Recalling the Catalan Talgo from Geneva to Barcelona
- The Semmering Railway in Austria
- Better coverage of the Harz Mountains narrow-gauge network