In order to take Excel to the next level, you need to understand and implement the power of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). This 4th edition of Excel VBA Programming For Dummies introduces you to a wide array of new Excel options, beginning with the most important tools and operations for the Visual Basic Editor. Inside, you'll get the lowdown on the essential elements and concepts for programming with Excel, discover techniques for handling errors and exterminating bugs, working with range objects, controlling program flow, and much more.
With the release of Microsoft Office 2016, Excel will see changes in its operating system, and this fun, hands-on guide will make it easier than ever to harness the power of Visual Basic for Applications and create custom applications and macros on the world's most popular spreadsheet tool. Packed with friendly advice on the easiest ways to develop custom dialog boxes, toolbars, and menus, you'll be creating Excel applications custom-fit to your unique needs in no time at all!
- Provides step-by-step instructions for creating VBA macros to maximize productivity
- Helps to increase efficiency by demonstrating how to customize your applications so they look and work the way you want
- Fully updated for Excel 2016
- All sample programs, VBA code, and worksheets are available at dummies.com
If you're a beginning to intermediate VBA programmer looking to get up to speed on creating customized solutions with Excel applications, Excel VBA Programming For Dummies, 4th Edition makes it easier.
Dalla quarta di copertina
- Use the essential tools and operations for VBA
- Get the most out of Excel's macro recording feature
- Handle errors and eliminate bugs in your code
- Develop custom worksheet functions and user-oriented applications
Learn VBA and unlock Excel's full performance potential
Excel is essential in the business world, and knowing how to use its programming language can make you more productive and increasingly valuable to a company. This accessible guide explains how to use Excel VBA to open up Excel's expansive capabilities. You'll learn basic programming concepts and how to create custom functions, add-ins, and applications with VBA.
- What it's all about start with a complete overview of VBA and learn how it can help you automate routine tasks, create custom commands and add-ins, and develop macro-driven applications
- A world of objects dig into the Excel object model and see how VBA is implemented in Excel
- Master basic programming concepts learn the lingo and find out what programming involves
- Dive a little deeper explore range objects and their properties and create a variety of alternatives to Excel UserForms
- Get down to business discover how to create custom dialog boxes, customize the Ribbon, and add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Put it all to work include your own custom buttons in the Excel user interface, design user-oriented applications, and work with other Office applications
Open the book and find:
- Advantages and disadvantages of VBA
- How the Excel object hierarchy works
- Step-by-step instructions for creating macros
- Useful Range object properties and methods
- Techniques for handling errors
- How to develop custom solutions to fit your needs
- Tips for exterminating bugs in your code