- Copertina flessibile: 693 pagine
- Editore: John Wiley & Sons Inc (Computers); 1 edizione (3 giugno 2016)
- Lingua: Inglese
- ISBN-10: 1119188687
- ISBN-13: 978-1119188681
- Peso di spedizione: 1,2 Kg
- Media recensioni: 5.0 su 5 stelle Visualizza tutte le recensioni (4 recensioni clienti)
- Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon: n. 35.019 in Libri in altre lingue (Visualizza i Top 100 nella categoria Libri in altre lingue)
- Visualizza indice completo
Exploring Raspberry Pi: Interfacing to the Real World With Embedded Linux (Inglese) Copertina flessibile – 3 giu 2016
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
- Scegli tra gli oltre 8.500 punti di ritiro in Italia
- I clienti Prime beneficiano di consegne illimitate presso i punti di ritiro senza costi aggiuntivi
- Trova il tuo punto di ritiro preferito ed aggiungilo alla tua rubrica degli indirizzi
- Indica il punto di ritiro in cui vuoi ricevere il tuo ordine nella pagina di conferma d’ordine
Chi ha acquistato questo articolo ha acquistato anche
"...this is a book worth having on your shelf." (I programmer, August 2016)
Dalla quarta di copertina
"Exploring Raspberry Pi is THE book to go to if you are interested in learning about the impressive physical computing capabilities of the Raspberry Pi platform. Derek Molloy imparts the electronics, programming, and embedded Linux skills that are vital to today's innovators in building the next generation of Internet of Things applications.". - Eben Upton, Co-creator of the Raspberry Pi
BUILD THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO INNOVATE
Economical and versatile, the Raspberry Pi can be adapted for thousands of applications. Open up all its possibilities by applying engineering principles along with Linux programming techniques, and develop the skills you need to design and build an endless array of projects.
Exploring Raspberry Pi first covers the basics of the hardware platform, recommended accessories, software, embedded Linux systems, and Linux programming techniques. Then it takes you deeper into interfacing, controlling, and communicating, with detailed information about Raspberry Pi GPIOs, buses, UART devices, and USB peripherals. You will learn to configure a cross-compilation environment in order to build large-scale software applications, as well as how to combine hardware and software to enable the Raspberry Pi to interact effectively with its physical environment. Finally, you'll discover how to use the Raspberry Pi for advanced interfacing and interaction applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT); wireless communication and control; rich user interfaces; images, video, and audio; and Linux kernel programming.
Instead of recipes for a few specific projects, Exploring Raspberry Pi arms you with the skills needed to build the projects that exist in your imagination. You'll learn to:
* Develop essential Linux and programming skills
* Build Internet of Things (IoT) applications
* Master interfacing, controlling, and communication
* Design applications that interact with the physical environment
* Utilize the Arduino platform as a service processor
* Build wireless communication applications
* Write and install a custom Linux loadable kernel module
* Apply the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero to your projects
Visit the companion website at www.exploringrpi.com
Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci il numero di cellulare.
Garanzia e recesso: Se vuoi restituire un prodotto entro 30 giorni dal ricevimento perché hai cambiato idea, consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sul Diritto di Recesso. Se hai ricevuto un prodotto difettoso o danneggiato consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sulla Garanzia Legale. Per informazioni specifiche sugli acquisti effettuati su Marketplace consulta… Maggiori informazioni la nostra pagina d'aiuto su Resi e rimborsi per articoli Marketplace.
Se sei un venditore per questo prodotto, desideri suggerire aggiornamenti tramite il supporto venditore?
Principali recensioni dei clienti
Simple and clear, it covers lots of different topics
Infine, differentemente da altri libri che trattano il raspberry, trovo che questo qui insegni metodi piu` professionali nel flusso di progettazione di sitemi embedded.
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com (beta) (Potrebbero essere presenti recensioni del programma "Early Reviewer Rewards")
The Kindle edition's a disappointment. Here's why.
1. The book has a great table of contents with a 3 level outline; chapters, sub headings under each chapter and sub topics under each sub heading. The Kindle edition only has a 2 level outline, no sub topics, making it extremely cumbersome, if not useless, as a navigation tool.
2. The Kindle edition left out the index. Really, no index, and no, the global word search is not the same as a good index created and edited by a professional indexer.
So minimal table of contents and no index makes the Kindle edition pretty useless as a convenient reference. If you don't believe me, try to find the topic section on Transistors using the Kindle edition. I'm sure you can eventually, but it's a PITA.
By the way, I think it's sad that my one star review brings down the rating of the paper edition. Amazon, I should be able to review the Kindle edition separately from the paper edition. Especially if they are substantially different.
To make this review much shorter - if you want to do projects with the RPi, buy this book. It explains things about how the RPi works in great detail, gives tons of examples of sample circuits, and shows the math as well for calculating current drain and voltage drops for most of the circuits, so you're not just plugging things in blindly. It is full of practical advice on how to wire things up so you do things properly and don't blow up your Pi (like "use an optocoupler if you have an external power supply connected to the load").
Further, it has an extensive section on programming the Pi, showing programs at a variety of complexity levels and running times to turn the GPIO pins on and off (which is what we most care about when programming the Pi).
The book starts from basics - Raspberry Pi hardware, basic Linux commands, basic circuits for interfacing, etc. He then gets into the depths of how to interface all of these together. I'm fortunate to have enough background in these areas to weave through this, but those with less of a computer or electronics background might want to have a local geek or two handy to call in for help when needed. He has excellent coding examples in multiple languages, builds from simple to more complex examples, and provides libraries to continue your own programming projects using the knowledge you have gained throughout the book.
I'm an Electrical / Computer Engineer by trade, and I've had an interest in introducing hobby electronics to my kids. When I first saw the Raspberry Pi, I thought this might be the ideal platform on which to develop that. This book is the missing piece to that puzzle for me. It's exactly what I was hoping for, with all the details one could want about making this magnificent little board talk to other devices. I picture many blinking lights and beeping speakers in the months to come as a result of this book! I consider this a bargain-priced book for everything that's contained within it. If there's something you want to connect up to a Raspberry Pi, odds are, there's a solution somewhere in this book. I highly recommend it.