- Over 3900 headwords and phrases
- Pronunciation for each headword in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Contains a short introduction into the Scottish Gaelic language and a further reading list
- N.B.: this dictionary only contains the Scottish Gaelic to English direction. For the reverse, please buy the second volume "Dictionary English / Scottish Gaelic"
- A German version is also available from the same author
- A hardcopy version is also available, combining the Scottish Gaelic - English and English - Scottish Gaelic dictionaries
- This is the second edition which mostly corrects typos and small errors (published 5 May 2017)