Dalla quarta di copertina
The advanced techniques, most productive workouts, and life-transforming personal philosophies of bodybuilding legend Mike Mentzer
Whatever your level of fitness, you can kick your muscles--and your mind--into high gear with the radical training philosophies and advanced bodybuilding techniques of Mike Mentzer, the first bodybuilder to ever garner a perfect score in the Mr. Universe competition.
The thinking man's bodybuilder, Mike revolutionized the art of training with his Heavy DutyTM system, proving that "less is more" when it comes to making great gains. But Mike's most advanced ideas have never been revealed--until now. Direct from Mentzer's inner circle--friend and colleague John Little along with Joanne Sharkey, the CEO of Mentzer-Sharkey Enterprises, Inc.--The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer gives you an insider's look at his most intense, in-depth lessons.
Inside these pages you will learn all the fundamentals of:
- HUNGER--the code of integrity for displaying a heroic physique
- Philosophy and character building--why you need never again fear your competition
- The science of productive bodybuilding exercise--Mentzer's fail-safe principles for building maximum size and strength
- Consolidation Training--a lightning-quick workout that works "like magic" for producing phenomenal muscle growth
- Advanced Heavy DutyTM techniques, such as Omni-Contraction Training, Infitonic Training, and Rest-Pause Training
The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer provides readers with a unique insight into the world of Mike Mentzer--the man, the philosopher, and the legend.
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide