MARILYN POLITICAL supports its clients in winning elections and steering legislation. Its core business is to make political careers excel. Its expertise covers all pillars of political life, empowering those in charge of change to increase their influence and do something meaningful with it. www.marilynpolitical.com
THE EDITOR’S REVIEW:
Engaging and informative, How to Run the European Parliament is more than the how-to guide its title promises. The book uses direct address to help draw in its audience - and dry humour to keep those readers interested. The narrator character that the writing establishes projects honesty, intelligence, and self-awareness. With a premise and tone reminiscent of Niccolò Machiavelli’s sixteenth-century political treatise The Prince, this book is sure to appeal to anyone who appreciates politics analysed with unflinching candour.
This print is the second edition (2015). First edition published 2014.
Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci il numero di cellulare.
5,0 su 5 stelleIt is full of useful gems. It's a practical how to get ahead ...
DaAaron McLoughlinil 2 aprile 2017 - Pubblicato su Amazon.com
How to run the European Parliament by Mariyln Political
This concise 93 page pamphlet book is well worth reading. It will take you an hour. It is full of useful gems.
It's a practical how to get ahead as a MEP guidebook. The firm behind it have packed a lot of useful information in.
Even if you don’t want to be a MEP, it's useful to read to better understand how successful MEPs work. I was lucky to work for two good British Labour MEPs in my late 20s. On every page, I came across passages that resonated with me.
10 things I liked
Everybody who reads this book will come away with different key insights. Here is my top 10:
1. Showing expertise. Show this by producing free newsletters and briefing notes.
1. Answer emails from constituents within 24 hours.
1. Fight for your vision, but avoid wars you cannot win.
1. Be faster than everyone else. Be the 1st to present and push for compromises. Steer the debate.
1. Don't leave any votes to chance.
1. Regularly lay down short and long-term media action plans.
1. The news interviews boil down to 10 second sound bites.
1. Hire good people or better people who know more than you.
1. Don’t forget back home
1. Get re-elected – get top on your Party’s list – your constituents won’t vote for your work in Brussels.
Iscriviti ad Amazon Prime: consegne senza costi aggiuntivi in 1 giorno su 2 milioni di prodotti e in 2-3 giorni su molti altri milioni, accesso anticipato alle Offerte Lampo di Amazon.it e spazio di archiviazione per le foto illimitato