Everybody knows that a strong dollar equals a strong economy, bonds are safer than stocks, gold is a safe investment and that high PEs signal high risk...right? While such "common-sense" rules of thumb may work for a time as investment strategies, as New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Ken Fisher, vividly demonstrates in this wise, informative, wholly entertaining new book, they'll always let you down in the long run. Ken exposes some of the most common—and deadly—myths investors swear by, and he demonstrates why the rules-of-thumb approach to investing may be robbing you of the kinds returns you hope for.
- Dubbed by Investment Advisor magazine one of the 30 most influential individuals of the last three decades, Fisher is Chairman, and CEO of a global money management firm with over $32 billion under management
- Fisher's Forbes column, "Portfolio Strategy," has been an extremely popular fixture in Forbes for more than a quarter century thanks to his many high-profile calls
- Brings together the best "bunks" by Wall Street's Master Debunker in a fun, easy-to-digest, bite-size format
- More than just a list of myths, Fisher meticulously explains of why each commonly held belief or strategy is dead wrong and how damaging it can be to your financial health
- Armed with this book, investors can immediately identify major errors they may be committing and adjust their strategies for greater investing success
Dalla seconda/terza di copertina
These are just a few widely believed but potentially dangerous market myths New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Ken Fisher dismantles in this wise, informative, wholly entertaining new book.
As a long-term Forbes columnist and CEO of a global money management firm managing tens of billions for high-net-worth individuals and institutions, Ken knows a thing or two about what works and what's bunk when it comes to investing wisdom.
Bringing together some of Ken's best myth debunking and market sleuthing of the past twenty-five years, in an easy-to-digest, bite-sized format, The Little Book of Market Myths exposes some of the most common-and deadly-myths investors swear by. And he demonstrates why subscribing to the rule-of-thumb approach to investing could prevent you from reaching your long-term investing goals.
But this book is more than just a list of myths. One after another, Ken takes each commonly held belief or "surefire" strategy and explains why the myth persists, why it doesn't work and just how damaging it can be to your financial health. And each chapter is a primer on how you can apply the same "debunking" tactics yourself, now and for the rest of your investing time horizon.
Whether you're a novice investor or a longtime veteran, this book arms you with priceless insights to help you identify major errors you may be committing and help you see the world clearer-so you can improve your investing results.
Fun, insightful, at times, irreverent, The Little Book of Investing Myths offers vivid proof of the old adage "the truth shall set you free"-to increase the odds you achieve your long-term investing goals