Also available in Kindle format in the Kindle Store for $9.99, ready to download on Kindle device or free Kindle app on laptop, cell phone, or tablet.
LOVE THY LEGUMES is a is not just a cookbook, but an educational cookbook
that goes beyond recipes to include photos and simple charts
to keep readers engaged as they learn the importance of legumes
for weight-loss and chronic disease prevention and treatment.
The reader will learn how to balance meals
and follow good cooking practices
that preserve the heart-friendly nutrients. This book offers simplified ways of cooking legumes at home to wean off canned or processed beans.
The book promotes the consumption of a variety of legumes for their untapped health benefits that can boost one’s efforts to lose weight, or improve blood sugar and blood pressure, relieve constipation, etc
Legumes are great for any pantry
and more importantly for the environment
as well. They pair well with non-vegetarian foods
such as meat, poultry, seafood, etc. that can help people transition to including more plant-based protein in their diet.
The recipe repertoire
ranges from delicious kebabs and patties to flatbreads and desserts, from protein-packed smoothies and fiberful breakfast recipes to lip-smacking main course stews and salads. Each recipe comes with nutrient profile and food pairing ideas
, so that the reader can accommodate it into his/her meal plans and preferences.
I hope to empower the reader with ways to apply key nutrition information, good cooking practices, and meal planning on a daily basis to promote long-term health.
Grab your copy today to enjoy some nourishing and delicious dishes:
- Black Beans Burger Patties
- Cheese and Whole Mung Crepes
- Low-Glycemic, Nutrient-Dense Rotis / Tortillas
- Turkey / Chicken Kebabs
- Restaurant-style Dal Makhani, No Cream
- Rajma Masala
- Zhatpat Misal Pav / Quick Mixed Beans Spicy Curry
- Ragda Patties / Potato Patties with Dried Peas Curry
- Kachori-Inspired Mung Chaat Salad
- Fennel Infused Chicken and Mung Beans Stew
- Quinoa Tofu Pulao
- Tofu in Thai Green Curry
- Brown Rice and Lentils Pulao, Italian Brown Rice and Mushroom Risotto
- French Fusion Lentils Soup
- Turkish Carrot and Pink Lentils Soup
- Peruvian Sprouts Ceviche
- Pan-Fried Pakoras Wrap
- Mocha Tofu Souffle
- Almond Mung Dal Ice Cream