In the tradition of Lord Cultural Resource’s renowned manuals, this book gives practical advice on how digital can enhance and improve all aspects of the museum.
With chapters written by experienced professionals working at leading institutions such as the British Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Indianapolis Museum of Art, Bristol Culture, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and others, The Manual of Digital Museum Planning is an easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide for anyone planning a new museum, a museum expansion, or a new project in the Digital Age.
- Part 1 explains how digital technologies are transforming museums
- and their value proposition
- Part 2 explores how adopting a user-centric, omnichannel approach creates new relationships between museums and communities
- Part 3 offers a guide to integrating digital into the workflow of museums- from data analytics, to user experience design to project management
- Part 4 identifies the business models, infrastructure and skills and competencies for the digital museum,
Ngaire Blankenberg is internationally recognized for her work planning innovative museums and revitalizing urban spaces. As European Director and Principal Consultant at Lord Cultural Resources, the world's largest museum and cultural professional practice, Ngaire advises museums, the private sector and governments throughout the world on ways to develop their cultural assets for public benefit.