Bake bread like a pro with this half and half bread recipe step-by-step photo cookbook cheat sheet
Even if you've never baked a loaf in your life, these foolproof instructions that take nothing for granted will have you tuning out bread to be proud of this afternoon.
Part of the You Can Always Make Basic Bread series, you can follow the step-by-step photos for quick reference. Or, if you want to know more about what to do at each stage and why, read the comprehensive instructions that follow.
The chef's secrets section at the end has hints and tips from a pastry chef to help troubleshoot any problems, and improve your results even further.
- Great for kids, students, bachelors and the culinary challenged
- Includes 26 large step-by-step photos, so you won’t go wrong
- Learn why brown and wholemeal bread flours tend to produce dense chewy bread and the secrets to baking full flavoured, yet light and airy bread
- Everything you need to bake wholly delicious half and half bread
- The 12 simple steps to perfect half-and-half bread dough
- The waiting game: getting your dough oven ready
- The pastry chef's secrets to perfect half and half bread every time, including:
- Achieving a crunchy crust
- The two things you need to know to bake bread at altitude
- How to salvage your dough if things go wrong