- Copertina flessibile: 147 pagine
- Editore: New Riders Pub; 1 edizione (23 dicembre 2008)
- Collana: Voices That Matter
- Lingua: Inglese
- ISBN-10: 0321603605
- ISBN-13: 978-0321603609
- Peso di spedizione: 227 g
- Media recensioni: 4.0 su 5 stelle Visualizza tutte le recensioni (1 recensione cliente)
- Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon: n. 147.810 in Libri in altre lingue (Visualizza i Top 100 nella categoria Libri in altre lingue)
- Visualizza indice completo
Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click? (Inglese) Copertina flessibile – 23 dic 2008
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
- Scegli tra gli oltre 8.500 punti di ritiro in Italia
- I clienti Prime beneficiano di consegne illimitate presso i punti di ritiro senza costi aggiuntivi
- Trova il tuo punto di ritiro preferito ed aggiungilo alla tua rubrica degli indirizzi
- Indica il punto di ritiro in cui vuoi ricevere il tuo ordine nella pagina di conferma d’ordine
Chi ha acquistato questo articolo ha acquistato anche
Dalla quarta di copertina
Why does someone decide to buy a product online or register at a website? Psychologists have known for years about the nonconscious forces that persuade people to take action. Neuro WebDesign applies the research on persuasion and decision making to the design of websites. Neuro WebDesign explains psychological research on social validation, reciprocity, fear of loss, contrast and other principles in an easy to understand way, and then goes on to show how to implement these powerful ideas. For example, why are customer ratings so important at a website, and what are the critical elements to include to make them even more effective? Does the order in which you provide choices have an unconscious effect on which one is chosen? Some books describe research; some books give advice on web design, but Neuro WebDesign combines the research on non-conscious decision-making and persuasion with web design advice.
Susan Weinschenk has a Ph.D. in Psychology. For the past 30 years she has
been an industry leader, consultant, and expert in usability, interface, and web
design. Most recently she has been reviewing the research on the psychology of
persuasion and non-conscious decision-making and has been a keynote speaker
on this topic at conferences and for clients. Susan is a national and
international speaker for user experience and usability conferences, most
recently the keynote speaker for the Internet User Experience Conference in
Ann Arbor MI, and an invited speaker for the Usability Professionals
Association, just held in Baltimore MD. She has hundreds of clients, mainly in
Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci il numero di cellulare.
Garanzia e recesso: Se vuoi restituire un prodotto entro 30 giorni dal ricevimento perché hai cambiato idea, consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sul Diritto di Recesso. Se hai ricevuto un prodotto difettoso o danneggiato consulta la nostra pagina d'aiuto sulla Garanzia Legale. Per informazioni specifiche sugli acquisti effettuati su Marketplace consulta… Maggiori informazioni la nostra pagina d'aiuto su Resi e rimborsi per articoli Marketplace.
Se sei un venditore per questo prodotto, desideri suggerire aggiornamenti tramite il supporto venditore?
Principali recensioni dei clienti
Anyway, here you'll find nothing new: just best practices and some notes that will help you to explain in a better way some obvius things (like... "this is because of the research by XY in 1999..." and even the worst boss will agree)
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com
Weinschenk's book is easy to grasp and understand, and is packed with tons of useful tidbits and principles. I can't recommend it enough.
The author covers some of the basics of how we think and how certain things attract us unconsciously due to instinct and the way we evolved. Next they get into the meat of the book and how to use this to make more effective web sites and web sales.
The chapters are:
1. Designing Web sites for Persuasion and the Unconscious mind
2. Wanting to Belong: The power of Social Validation
3. Feeling Indebted: How to build in Reciprocity and Concession
4. Invoking Scarcity: If something seems Unavailable, We seem to want it even more.
5. Choosing carefully: Given too many choices we freeze (and then we don't choose at all)
6. It's all about You: Speaking to the Self-Centered, Unconscious mind.
7. Building Commitment: We want to think we are consistent
8. Using Similarity, Attractiveness and Association: Are we the Same?
9. Afraid to Lose - How our fear of loss trumps our Anticipation of Victory.
10. Using Pictures and Stories - The best way to talk to our unconscious mind
11. We're Social Animals - Finding the next big thing by Making it Social
I'm sure none of these concepts are new, however they way they are covered in this book, the right way versus the wrong way to do things and specific examples makes it easy to read and understand. It is also very conversationally written and flows easily.
The chapters (listed above) and sub sections can be seen in the "Look inside" section and provide you with a good idea of what you are going to find inside. Despite the briefness of the book, it is a good read and gives you some well directed nuggets of info to ponder.
Overall the book is an easy read (132 pages of content) and makes some excellent points.
Should you get this book?
If you're just getting started with the psychological side of creating web sites, then YES!
On the other hand, if you've been reading the following books then it's basically a re-cap of the their content from the persepctive of creating a web site:
How We Decide
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion (Collins Business Essentials)
Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
What I found lacking from the book was any mention or even acknowledgement of the "graphic design" side of creating web sites.
If you want to truly improve the performance of your web site you need to read books like Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, 2nd Edition and Web Design for ROI: Turning Browsers into Buyers & Prospects into Leads which complete the picture.
This is a good book if you do not normally read books about marketing. If you have read Cialdini's Influence, you are already familiar with the vast majority of this book. Even at $9.99 for the Kindle edition, I felt like I did not get my money's worth with this book.
Ricerca articoli simili per categoria
- Libri in altre lingue > Economia, affari e finanza > Impresa, strategia e gestione
- Libri in altre lingue > Informatica, Web e Digital Media > Internet
- Libri in altre lingue > Informatica, Web e Digital Media > Multimedia e disegno grafico
- Libri in altre lingue > Società e scienze sociali > Studi culturali e sociali