Descrizione del libro
Written with Gabaldon’s signature wit and intelligence, this compendium is bursting with generous commentary and juicy insider details, including:
* A complete chronology of the series thus far;
* Full synopses of A Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone, and Written in My Own Heart’s Blood;
* Recaps of the Lord John Grey novels: Lord John and the Private Matter, Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade, Lord John and the Hand of Devils, and The Scottish Prisoner;
* A who’s who of the cast of Outlander characters, cross-referenced by book;
* Detailed maps and floor plans;
* A bibliographic guide to research sources;
* Essays on subjects as wide ranging as Outlandish controversies regarding sex and violence, the unique responsibilities of a writer of historical fiction, and Gabaldon’s writing process;
* A guided tour of the clothes, food, and music of the eighteenth century;
* A Scottish glossary and pronunciation guide;
* Personal photos from the author taken on the set of the Outlander series.
As entertaining, sweeping, and addictive as the series itself, this second volume of The Outlandish Companion is a one (or two)-of-a-kind gift from an incomparable author.