Non è necessario possedere un dispositivo Kindle. Scarica una delle app Kindle gratuite per iniziare a leggere i libri Kindle sul tuo smartphone, tablet e computer.
Per scaricare una app gratuita, inserisci il numero di cellulare.
|Prezzo edizione digitale:||EUR 9,79|
|Prezzo Copertina Ed. Cartacea:||EUR 9,22|
Risparmia EUR 1,23 (13%)
Solitary: A Novel (Solitary Tales Series) Formato Kindle
|Nuovo a partire da||Usato da|
Chi ha acquistato questo articolo ha acquistato anche
Hai trovato questo prodotto a un prezzo più basso?
Se sei un venditore per questo prodotto, desideri suggerire aggiornamenti tramite il supporto venditore?
Le recensioni clienti più utili su Amazon.com (beta)
Now my complaints:
1. After finishing it I was left with the impression that it was like a WB show that ended with the much hyped season finale (where not much gets resolved, but there is plenty of shock and awe) and you're supposed to be looking forward to the next season where all of your questions are answered... but it gets cancelled because the first season just wasn't that great. I'm still a little annoyed after watching Lost and having the prospect of it all making sense in the end dangled before me, only to have to suffer through the fiasco that was season six. And I'm more generous with TV. I'm resistant to authors who can't write a coherent novel in and of itself, and need you to sign up for their eight planned installments to get the whole story. That is just too much hubris on the front end for me.
2. The dialogue got really repetitive after about 50 pages.
Half the book consists of conversations that go like this:
"What's going on?"
"I can't tell you."
"Can't tell me what?"
"Just be careful, that's all."
"What are you talking about?"
"Not now, just trust me."
Super lame. You cannot effectively develop any kind of multi-dimensional character when they are incapable of revealing any of their thoughts, everything they say must fit in a five word phrase, and the narrator is not omniscient.
3. Overall, it comes across as a pretty misogynistic book. There is not a single admirable female character. The girl protagonist is consistently portrayed as a helpless victim with major emotional issues, the mom is a drunk, the one aunt is a crazy witch-lady, the other aunt is shacked up with a drunk pedophile, the side-kick girls are flaky and one-dimensional. The narrator falls in love with a girl who has nothing going for her other then her flawless beauty and never-ending vulnerability, but this evidently makes her the Christian boy fantasy girl (I listen to Christian music, every guy band has their song about that girl.) Gag me.
4. Maybe I'm a snob, but a novel is supposed to have themes and characters that develop, come to a critical point and then resolve. I don't need a happy ending, but I do need some sense that the characters have learned and grown and there is some identifiable theme or question the novel is trying to explore. I missed what I was supposed to take away from this book. Unless it was that all an abused and victimized young woman needs to find hope in eternal life is a nice guy who is blown away by her porcelain doll face and flowing dark hair. Again, gag me.
Ricerca articoli simili per categoria
- Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > eBook in lingua straniera > eBook in inglese > Azione e avventura
- Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > eBook in lingua straniera > eBook in inglese > Fantascienza, Horror e Fantasy > Horror
- Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > eBook in lingua straniera > eBook in inglese > Gialli e Thriller
- Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > eBook in lingua straniera > eBook in inglese > Letteratura e narrativa > Narrativa religiosa e spirituale
- Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > eBook in lingua straniera > eBook in inglese > Libri per bambini e ragazzi > Letteratura e narrativa
- Kindle Store > eBook Kindle > eBook in lingua straniera > eBook in inglese > Romanzi rosa
- Libri in altre lingue > Azione e avventura
- Libri in altre lingue > Fantascienza, Horror e Fantasy > Horror
- Libri in altre lingue > Gialli e Thriller
- Libri in altre lingue > Letteratura e narrativa > Narrativa religiosa e spirituale
- Libri in altre lingue > Libri per bambini e ragazzi > Letteratura e narrativa
- Libri in altre lingue > Romanzi rosa