What can help to take the fear out of the night?
Understanding the message of nightmares is a first step toward relief. These energy-laden images can represent urgent questions stemming from the depth of the psyche. In this book, experienced Jungian analyst Renate Daniel demonstrates how one can succeed in finding appropriate answers to help understand and cope with nightmares.
Renate Daniel, M.D., a specialist in psychiatry, psychotherapy and psychoanalysis and Director of Programs at the C.G. Jung Institute in Zürich, has been a psychotherapist in private practice for many years. She is the author of Nur Mut! Die Kunst, schwierige Situationen zu meistern (2011) as well as numerous published articles.
1. What are Dreams? The Waking, Sleeping and Dreaming Worlds
2. Why do we Dream – and What for? Dreams and Mental Health
3. What are Nightmares? Ancient Myths and Neurobiological Insights
4. Dealing with Nightmares: Discovering, Exploring and Understanding Yourself
5. Nature as a Nightmare Motif: Natural Forces, Dangerous Animals and Plant Life
6. Human Beings as a Nightmare Motif: Aggressive People and Vulnerable People
7. Nightmare Motifs from Culture and Technology: When Objects Become Broken or Dangerous