Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Vietnam is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get happily lost in Hanoi's Old Quarter, paddle past Halong Bay's shimmering limestone peaks at dawn, or take a cooking class in charming Hoi An; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Vietnam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Vietnam Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, architecture, regional specialties, tribes, environment, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out city maps (included in print version), plus over 85 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Vietnam Outdoors, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Northwest Vietnam, Northeast Vietnam, Hanoi, North-Central Vietnam, Central Vietnam, Central Highlands, South-Central Coast, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, Siem Reap, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Vietnam, our most comprehensive guide to Vietnam, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand guide or Lonely Planet's Southeast Asia on a Shoestring for a look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Iain Stewart, Brett Atkinson, Peter Dragicevich, and Nick Ray.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)